Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Trip for Two




   So, my Lovebug and I decided we wanted to make a trip to Disney World here coming up soon. I've been with family and friends, so I know how to plan from that aspect, but I was little rocky on how to plan for two; factoring in romance, fun, entertainment all while juggling the parks. And I'm sure this is a problem for most couples. But, rest assured, I worked my magic (stalking) and found some fool proof things to do! 
    
   The first thing I should tell you is that I am a Belle and he's, well, he's a Beast (sorry babe!) We both know how to have a good time and want to make sure it's memorable since....wait for it....


HE'S NEVER BEEN
   
   Yep, you read that right, he's never been to Disney World, or Florida for that matter. So, without further ado, here's what I've got.


1. The Parks

I like to start on Monday and work my way from the Magic Kingdom being the first park we visit to being the last park we visit. Why? Simple:
  • When you arrive on Sunday evening, you're stoked up to see the castle and really focus on where it all began, being it's so iconic, so it's the perfect and ideal way to start your trip.
  • It's considered a "center point" so you can go from there to Epcot just by hopping the Monorail and then back to Magic Kingdom by dusk to get a seat for the fireworks show, otherwise known as Wishes.
  • The last day should be a memorable as your first day, so ending it at the Magic Kingdom is the perfect way to make that possible.
2. Entertainment

Disney is never a dull moment, so, sure, there's tons on stuff to do. But what about some adult entertainment? I've got it covered:

  • Downtown Disney is ideal for high velocity entertainment (and free admission and parking, too. SCORE!) and food and drinks. The House of Blues, Raglan Road, and plenty of shops and sights along the way. It's like a never ending fair and it's so much fun!
  • Boardwalk Disney is great for chilling out and having a few drinks. This is home to Jellyrolls, a piano bar where you can snack and have a few drinks while listening to some dueling pianos! It's also home to the Atlantic City Dance Hall where you can dance into the night. On the same strip, there's an ice cream and pastry shop, an ESPN bar, villas and a few shops. Hop a ferry and go across the water to check out the Beach Club Resort, or head on over to Epcot.
  • Epcot is awesome when you want to, well, drink around the world without a passport! And, if you're not a drinker, I recommend dessert-ing around the world.   
3. Eating

My Prince Charming and I love eating, so this was a hard decision to make (and a decision we're still making) but here are a few places that are low-key and great for just the two of you.

  • Monsieur Paul is in Epcot located in the French pavilion. Not to be confused with Chefs de France, which is the noisy and packed one front and center. This one is tucked away in the ally and it's oh so romantic.
  • Ohana, which is located in the Polynesian Resort, is the ideal place for dinner and fireworks. Serving Hawaiian and Chinese choices, you can eat and watch the fireworks over Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom. How cute!
  • Fulton's Crab House is in Downtown Disney serving seafood with a side of riverboat....No, not literally, but you are on a riverboat whilst eating which is totes adorbs. Plus, the atmosphere is cozy and warm. 
*I recommend strongly that you make reservations ONE MONTH in advance. And, if it's spur of the moment, don't worry if you haven't already. Since it's just the two of you, you're more likely to get reservation easier. 

4. Rides

This is a big one! You want to make sure you're able to hit the rides you want. Here's my list of what to go to first:

Magic Kingdom
  • 1) Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - This JUST opened so you wanna make a dash for it ASAP. 
  • 2) The "Mountains" - Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain are going to crowd quickly, so go there fast.
  • Peter Pan's Flight - An oldie, but a goody. 
  • The Haunted Mansion - It's cool in there, so people tend to crowd to it.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - Because it's the bomb. 
Epcot
  • Soarin' - I can't stress this one enough. Get there FAST.
  • Fast Track - This one I'm equally adamant about. Get there FAST.
  • Mission Space - This is a "cool experience" kinda ride. Crowds real easy.
  • Spaceship Earth - It's an inside attraction. 'Nuff said.
Hollywood Studios
  • Rockin' Roller Coaster - Aerosmith? Heck yeah! Get there FAST.
  • Hollywood Tower of Terror - Crowds quickly, get there FAST, too.
  • Star Tours - Throw a rock, hit a Star Wars fan. Run.
  • Toy Story Midway Mania - Fairly new. 
  • Studio Backlot Tour - Awesome experience.
  • The Great Movie Ride - An oldie but a goody.
Animal Kingdom
  • Expedition Everest - Awesome roller coaster. Get there FAST
  • Dinosaur - This fills up fast, so, get there FAST
  • Kilimanjaro Safari - If you want to see all the animals, get there quick.
  • It's Tough to Be a Bug - Cute little movie. 
*You can get a Fastpass for most every ride. I highly recommend you do so.

5. Naps

This one is self explanatory. Go back to the hotel in the afternoon and take a nap so you don't get on each others nerves. I don't believe there's ever been a death a Disney World so we don't want to start now. 


I hope this helped you as much as it did me. No matter what you decide to do, you'll have a blast, and I know my Prince Charming and I will! Questions? Comment below! 

Have a Magical Day

Briar Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment