Thursday, June 5, 2014

Maleficent the Magnificent



   If you know me, (which most of you don't, but just wait, you will) you know that I am MADLY in love with Maleficent and Sleeping Beauty. I love Maleficent so much that she has to be my favorite Disney character. I fell in love with her when I was little and watching the Disney classic. I loved how statuesque and stoic she was; the way she cursed people was totes awesome. So, when I got wind of them making a movie about her, I was skeptical,



   Prince Charming is at AT (I'm not sure what that stands for but it has something to do with the military) so I'm stuck at home with nothing to do for, like, weeks, so I decided to go see it with my mom. I sported my Maleficent shirt, my black ring that I wore on my left index finger like she does, my red lipstick and my heels and I was ready for what I thought was probably going to be a disappointment. But, hey, if it was going to be a disappointment, at least I did her proud by wearing what I think she would have worn to the movies.

IT WASN'T A DISAPPOINTMENT

   It was full of action and fantasy and it told us about how she turned out to be so pissed off (which she had a good reason to be, proof that boys are not the smartest. Sorry Babe.) and why she cursed poor Aurora. I give this two thumbs up! Some of the things weren't as followed in Sleeping Beauty, like the fairies names, Flora, Fauna, and Merriwether, and the fact that her raven's name was actually Diablo and they changed it to DeVal (Devil, if you say it the was she did). That was a little surprising...



  They couldn't have cast a better actress for Maleficent. Angelina did AMAZING and made me think she might have done better than the Eleanor Audley (the original voice of Maleficent and also the voice of Lady Tremaine in Cinderella) and that's saying a lot. 

   I highly recommend that you go see it, like, now. Drop everything and go watch it. Even if you have to watch it yourself. And if you do have to watch it yourself think of it this way, Maleficent was alone for a long time...you can do it.



Have a Magical Day!

Briar Rose





 

No comments:

Post a Comment